Imagine what you could do at Quincy Compressor!
Quincy Compressor LLC makes and sells the highest quality reciprocating and rotary screw air compressors, vacuum pumps and a full line of air treatment components. Our products are used around the world in manufacturing plants,
hospitals, climate control systems and any application that requires reliable air assistance. If you're as tough, dependable and efficient as the compressors we make, then you're the right fit for Quincy Compressor. We are currently seeking a Service Planner to join
Schedule and provide support for all shop and field service repairs of compressed air equipment, providing regular updates to the Service Manager and the customer.
Nature & Scope:
Work with the Service Manager to coordinate the activities of the Service Department. Serve as information liaison between the Service Manager, Service Technicians, Parts Specialist, and customers.
Education and Experience:
- Receive incoming calls for service of compressed air equipment, and schedule all shop and field service repairs in computer system.
- Provide regular updates to customers regarding service that is in process.
- Provide price quotations for service jobs to customers.
- Maintain (edit as needed) scheduled service orders in computer system (including both manual orders and service contracts) and facilitate the closing of service orders approved for invoicing.
- Review and maintain labor records for Service Technicians.
- Prepare credit notes and manual invoices for review by the Service Manager.
- Place orders for parts required to complete service orders, and work to expedite the delivery of these orders, as needed.
- Complete administrative requirements for element return function.
- Report completed service jobs and/or problem areas on a daily basis to the Service Manager.
- Type estimates of repair, service agreements, letters, memos, etc.
- Maintain service files, including Service contracts and related agreements, open orders, customer history, service employee records, expense reports, and vacation requests.
- Prepare outgoing mail and overnight mail packages.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for Service Technicians, as well as local/regional service meetings and training courses.
- Prepare service quotations for Service Manager approval.
- Coordinate the installation of new compressed air equipment with Sales.
- Contribute to positive Company branding by projecting a knowledgeable, professional, and customer-oriented image to customers.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Quincy standards, while always striving to understand the needs and expectations of the customer.
- Take whatever action is appropriate and required to get the job done and to establish and maintain communications with all people/employees considered necessary to get the job done.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
- Service coordination experience in an industrial service industry preferred.
- Knowledge of parts and maintenance/repair for air compressors or similar machinery preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and have excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities with flexibility, a positive attitude, and a strong commitment to customer service.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Experience with BPCS and/or MAM preferred.
- 5S Training
- TCV Training
- General Safety Training
- Forklift Training
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Regularly required to be able to move about the facility (standing, walking) and customer sites, varying by location. Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 60 pounds. Frequently exposed to work conditions in extreme
temperatures. Occasionally exposed to work conditions in loud environments. Occasionally required to work in elevated areas. Frequently required to operate a fork lift.
- Must wear PPE in designated work areas.
- Must comply with company safety and PPE requirements.
- Must comply with customer safety and PPE requirements, as directed, varying by job-site location and task to be performed or supervised.
- Mostly office environment with some warehouse or workshop environment, and possible customer site visits in the field. May be exposed to a field service environment at customers’ job-sites. May be required to work overtime and weekends as needed.
MAY BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS REQUESTED, DIRECTED, OR ASSIGNED.
Quincy Compressor aims to assist our employees in all areas of life: physical, financial, and personal wellness through a competitive compensation and benefits package. See our Benefits web page for more information.
Quincy Compressor is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment related decisions because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual preference, genetic information, protected Veteran status
or any other protected class. Job promotions at Quincy Compressor will be based on such factors as quality of work, prior job performance, attendance, safety record, and ability to work well with others.
Accessibility Notice: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 251-937-5900. Reasonable accommodation requests will be
considered on a case-by-case basis.