Quincy Compressor is a leading designer and manufacturer of reciprocating and rotary screw air compressors, vacuum pumps, and a full line of air treatment components. Our products are used around the world in manufacturing plants, hospitals, climate control systems and any application that requires reliable air assistance. When a tough application calls for a tough compressed air system, Quincy Compressor answers with True Blue reliability backed by the industry's strongest warranties. Engineered to last for decades of heavy use and manufactured with durability in mind, our lineup offers ruggedly efficient air compressors supported by an assortment of control, accessory and air treatment options.
SERVICE TECHNICIAN - HOUSTON AREA
The basic function of a Service Technician is to perform routine, preventative maintenance and repairs on oil injected and oil-free air compressors. Preventative maintenance should be conducted in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations (with regard to schedule and scope). The Service Technician performs diagnostics on malfunctioning compressors, determine possible causes for malfunctions, and perform repairs as suggested by diagnostics and assessment.
• Troubleshoot and repair air compressors, air dryers (regenerative and refrigerated), auto drains, flow controllers, vacuum pumps, and blowers
• Pressure wash (where possible) and effectively clean the customer’s entire equipment pad including skids, coolers, concrete, tanks, etc.
• Accurately communicate with the customer and Service Manager regarding all services performed and clearly present all options for any required repairs, upgrades, or other customer needs
• Completely fill out all work orders, start-up forms, warranty forms, oil sample forms, and parts return slips
• Train and assist other Service Technicians
• Promote and practice proper safety procedures and the correct use of personal and protective equipment at all times
• Set, install, and pipe compressor systems as needed
• Participate in a rotating 24/7/365 on-call pool with other Technicians as scheduled by the Service Manager
• Complete all paper work and clerical/office responsibilities.
• may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent required; technical college degree preferred.
• Relevant mechanical repair experience preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must have a valid driver’s license as well as an insurable driving record
• Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude as well as have a firm grasp on electrical concepts
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and email; proficiency in IBM Lotus Notes applications preferred
• Excellent mechanical, electrical, and electronic repair skills
• Must be able to work well with others on the jobsite as well as on the phone
• Must be able to work on a ladder and/or scissor lift
• Must supply all basic required tools
Required to be able to move about the facility (standing, walking) and customer sites, varying by location. Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 60 pounds. Occasionally exposed to work conditions in extreme temperatures and loud environments. Occasionally required to work in elevated areas.
• Field service environment working at customers’ job-sites. May be required to work overtime and weekends as needed.
Quincy Compressor aims to assist our employees in all areas of life: physical, financial, and personal wellness through a competitive compensation and benefits package. See our Benefits web page for more information.
Quincy Compressor is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment related decisions because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Job promotions at Quincy Compressor will be based on such factors as quality of work, prior job performance, attendance, safety record, and ability to work well with others.Accessibility Notice: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call 251.937.5900. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Quincy Compressors is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.