Imagine what you could do at Quincy Compressor!
Quincy Compressor LLC makes and sells the highest quality reciprocating and rotary screw air compressors, vacuum pumps and a full line of air treatment components. Our products are used around the world in manufacturing plants, hospitals, climate control systems and any application that requires reliable air assistance.
If you're as tough, dependable and efficient as the compressors we make, then you're the right fit for Quincy Compressor. We are currently seeking Quality Assurance Technician to join our team! This position will be based out of Bay Minette, AL.
Quality Assurance Tech
This position is responsible for ensuring product quality requirements are adhered to. Conducting root cause and corrective action investigation and working with the discrepant material reporting system, operate CMM and perform part inspections.
Nature and Scope:
Perform quality inspections throughout the plant (in all areas of manufacturing) and assist in auditing ISO policies and procedures.
• Perform receiving inspections, in-process inspections or final inspections of all products within the assigned work area to determine that the products conform to specifications.
• Verify that products conform to engineering drawings and other specifications required.
• Calibrate inspection gauges.
• Utilize manual inspection equipment such as micrometers, height gauges, etc. to determine that product conforms to specifications.
• Process vendor returns and non-conforming material.
• Examine components for missed operations
• Perform sorting and culling of defective parts.
• Examine parts in an objective, practical, and consistent manner to ensure that they are free of faults, blemishes, or defects as compared to prescribed tolerance, size and appearance.
• Work to obtain knowledge of existing inspection methods and recommend improvement when feasible.
• Plan work to ensure that deadlines are met.
• Perform related jobs as described and directed by immediate supervisor.
• Compile, complete and evaluate all quality records and reports.
• Work to obtain knowledge of CMM programming.
• Participate in TCV Training and support EHS program.
• Work safely and keep area clean and free of hazards.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Machining experience or experience working with precision measuring instruments preferred.
• CMM operation experience preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to understand and use engineering drawings and other specifications to verify conformance of products to specifications.
• Strong mechanical and mathematical aptitude and reasoning abilities.
• Must be objective, practical, and consistent when examining product conformance to specifications.
• Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Must be able to climb, twist, turn, bend, stoop, kneel, push loads, and work at moderate heights.
• Must be flexible and a team player.
• Required to be constantly moving about the facility (standing, walking).
• Lifting of items (not to exceed 50 lbs.).
Personal Protective Equipment:
• While on shop floor, must wear safety glasses and steel toed shoes at all times.
• No loose clothing, watches, jewelry, rings, etc in accordance with company policies.
• Mainly a plant environment, with some office exposure.
• Exposed to any number of elements (heat, cold), but none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
MAY BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS REQUESTED, DIRECTED, OR ASSIGNED.
Quincy Compressor aims to assist our employees in all areas of life: physical, financial, and personal wellness through a competitive compensation and benefits package. See our Benefits web page for more information.
Quincy Compressor is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment related decisions because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Job promotions at Quincy Compressor will be based on such factors as quality of work, prior job performance, attendance, safety record, and ability to work well with others.
Accessibility Notice: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call 251.937.5900. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Quincy Compressors is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.