Quincy Compressor LLC makes and sells the highest quality air compressors and vacuum pumps. Our products are used around the world in manufacturing plants, hospitals, climate control systems and any application that requires reliable air assistance.
We are currently seeking an Inside Sales Representative for our sales department. This position will be based out of our West Sacramento, CA location.
The Inside Sales Representative plays a key role in optimizing the efficiency and territory coverage for the Quincy service business. In this role, you will be responsible for prospecting, conducting a proactive sales process, quoting and following-up on business
opportunities and leads generated by yourself, field sales team, technicians and other sources. Your ability to be customer oriented and focus on developing customer’s needs, while finding the most suitable value proposition will be essential for your success
in this role. This position will require you to be highly organized, able to prioritize and collaborate with cross-functional teams in both service and equipment sales.
You will be responsible for managing sales of Spare Parts, Fixed Price Services, as well as Service Plans for the assigned territory. Connecting to the field sales teams and remaining strategically aligned, at an account level, is one of the fundamental aspects
of achieving success. We expect this person to be willing to explore different views of the world, new customer paradigms, trends and to challenge the status quo, looking for innovative solutions for an ever changing customer and market scenario.
- Attend to incoming customer requests and develop those into cross-selling and upselling opportunities
- Follow up, qualify and assign leads from different sources as appropriate
- Collaborate with field sales to develop opportunities and strategies to retain or recover lost customers
- Conduct prospecting with defined target accounts, set up future meetings and develop sales opportunities
- Conduct the necessary sales process over the phone to drive sales
- Prepare quotes for Spare Parts, Fixed Price Services and Service Plans
- Utilize business tools, such as Salesforce.com, and other systems to gather necessary customer information for quoting, conduct follow-up and record activities
- Process orders received, maintaining the integrity of the post-sales process by acquiring the necessary POs and approvals
- Process credit approvals when necessary
- Assist in up-keeping the installed base information and customers records in all systems
- Provide feedback to sales and marketing teams
- Conduct regular reviews with respective sales manager.
- Other duties related to the strategic and operational development of the business.
- Actively contribute to team efforts, meetings and discussions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Prior experience in inside or outside sales position preferred.
- Will consider years of related work experience in sales or customer service in a technical environment in lieu of education with approval of the Manager.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Must possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written), excellent computer skills and be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of rotary screw compressors and compressed air applications or other similar mechanical products, including competitive service offerings and field applications preferred.
- Must have experience with order entry and customer service functions.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Mainly an office environment, with some exposure to a manufacturing environment.
MAY BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS REQUESTED, DIRECTED, OR ASSIGNED.
Quincy Compressor aims to assist our employees in all areas of life: physical, financial, and personal wellness through a competitive compensation and benefits package. See our Benefits web page for more information.
Quincy Compressor is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment related decisions because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as
a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under
applicable federal, state or local law. Job promotions at Quincy Compressor will be based on such factors as quality of work, prior job performance, attendance, safety record, and ability to work well with others.
Accessibility Notice: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call
Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.