The Business Analyst for the Quincy Product Company is responsible for providing analytical and technical support for all Quincy Product Company systems. The Business Analyst will serve as a liaison between the business and the technical users to analyze data
and to communicate, translate, and clarify business requirements, functions and uses. The Business Analyst maintains a high level of understanding on how the business applications integrate with other operational systems and processes.
Nature & Scope
Within the limits of Division policy and the authority delegated by the Vice President Finance, the Business Analyst, Quincy Product Company be a liaison between the business stakeholders and the business systems users.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis on as needed basis on existing and new business projects.
- Support month end, quarter end financial close along with physical inventory and cycle counting.
- Use current knowledge of business and technology to analyze business, financial and business processes.
- Identify process improvements and system solutions.
- Be the intermediary between the business and system users to solve process issues and suggest solutions.
- Perform ongoing monitoring and refinement of supported applications and business processes.
- Document all business system processes and provide training to users.
- Partner with local support teams, stakeholders and end users to conduct user acceptance testing with documented test cases.
- Reconcile conflicts and work with customers to uncover unmet business needs.
- Work in close coordination with local and global finance teams to ensure satisfactory results from the business.
- Work toward cross training on all aspects and requirements of all business systems to ensure that the department and your personal growth goals are achieved.
- Maintain a POSITIVE relationship with our customers and other departments.
- Provide prompt, courteous answers and be helpful in all areas of concern.
- Work within the guidelines of all company policy, and procedures.
- Participate in, join, or assist the company and team programs.
- University Degree in Finance or Information Technology field required.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in business support role with specific experience in data analysis and system support, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record of proactively identifying solutions for both technical and business issues.
- Experience in major ERP solution implementation and/or project management.
- Experience with software development processes including defining business requirements, functional specification, testing procedures, implementation and change management.
- Knowledge of SQL and EAI (middleware) is a plus.
MAY BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS REQUESTED, DIRECTED, OR ASSIGNED.
Quincy Compressors is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.