Quincy Compressor is looking for an Applications Specialist to add to our team in Bay Minette, AL
Provides sales and customer care support for our direct stores, distributors, and customers as it relates to sales order processing and technical assistance.
Nature & Scope:
Liaison between customer, direct store, distributor, and factory personnel. This position reports to the Customer Care Manager.
- Promptly attend to customer requests and inquires
- Provide support on equipment orders, including but not limited to price quotations, coordination of scheduling, order processing, change orders, cancellations, RMA processing, and issuing credits.
- Audits the accuracy of the information received on all incoming equipment orders. If incorrect information is found, the Applications/Customer Care Specialist will be responsible for contacting the appropriate store or distributor personnel and clarifying
or correcting the information before processing
- Adhere to order handling processes to streamline operations and maintain continuity
- Utilize business tools, such as BPCS, Salesforce, Virtual Engineer, Virtual Library, and other Quincy HQ tools to gather necessary information for customer inquiries, order quoting, order management, and follow-up
- Provides technical information as needed, and sizes equipment based on customer’s needs while providing available information concerning options required or requested
- Works with production department to expedite orders when distributors ask for improvement in the delivery schedule
- Maintain general knowledge of Quincy products and parts
- Be willing to develop yourself by learning new skills and increasing your knowledge of products, systems, and the company’s market and operation
- Produces special reports and analysis as requested
- Contribute to positive company branding by projecting a knowledgeable, professional, and customer-oriented image to internal and external customers
- Actively contribute to team efforts, meetings and discussions
· Reports to Customer Care Manager
Education and Experience:
· Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in related field
· Related industry experience, sales, office management and/or customer service experience would be an advantage
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Availability:
· Must have knowledge of rotary screw compressors and compressed air applications, including competitive offerings and field applications.
· Must have experience with bid specifications and preparing competitive price quotes.
· Must have experience with order entry and customer service functions.
· Must possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written), excellent computer skills and be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
· Required to be able to move about the facility (standing, walking).
Personal Protective Equipment:
· While on shop floor, must wear safety glasses and steel toed shoes at all times.
· Mainly an office environment, with some exposure to a plant environment.
MAY BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS REQUESTED, DIRECTED, OR ASSIGNED.
Quincy Compressor aims to assist our employees in all areas of life: physical, financial, and personal wellness through a competitive compensation and benefits package. See our Benefits web page for more information.
Quincy Compressor is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment related decisions because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as
a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under
applicable federal, state or local law. Job promotions at Quincy Compressor will be based on such factors as quality of work, prior job performance, attendance, safety record, and ability to work well with others.
Accessibility Notice: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call 251.937.5900. Reasonable accommodation requests will be
considered on a case-by-case basis.